Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam – Last Thursday evening, 27th July 2017, SBG organised the Raffles Night – Vietnam M&A Market: Opportunities For Foreign Companies the prestigious Intercontinental Saigon. The event attracted more than 100 attendees.
M&A activities in Vietnam set new record high with a big jump in total deal value to US$10.15bn in 2016, increasing by almost 95% compared to the previous year. This demonstrates very strong capital inflows into Vietnam via M&A channels, and poses many opportunities for investors who are considering expanding business in Vietnam.
During the seminar, the 3 invited speakers shared in-depth reports about Vietnam M&A market trends for years and the most updated information about the major development in M&A activities, key sectors, and especially discuss future investment opportunities from SOE (“State-owned Enterprise”) equitization process. This was a unique opportunity for SBG members and other chambers to get more insights about the investment trends and provides inputs for your business expansion in Vietnam.
This event was supported by 11 foreign chambers of commerce:
1. The Australian Chamber of Commerce (Auscham)
2. The Belgian-Luxembourg Chamber of Commerce in Vietnam
3. The British Business Group Vietnam (BBGV)
4. The Council of Taiwanese Chambers of Commerce in Vietnam (CTCVN)
5. The Dutch Business Association (DBAV)
6. The European Chamber of Commerce in Vietnam (EuroCham)
7. The Hong Kong Business Association of Vietnam (HKBAV)
8. The Korean Chamber of Commerce & Industry in HCMC (Kocham)
9. The Indian Business Chamber in Vietnam (Incham)
10. The Malaysia Business Chamber Vietnam (MBC)
11. The New Zealand Chambers of Commerce Vietnam
Besides, SBG was honoured to be supported by the StoxPlus as the event co-host and the Intercontinental Saigon as the Venue Sponsor for this event. Their sponsorships contributed greatly to the success of the event.